USB DAC, Standalone DAC & Preamp, USB-DDC, Standalone DDC with Analog input, Headphone Amplifier
Koto-ku, Tokyo: AMI International, Inc. (www.amimuse.com) is pleased to announce the official release of the AMI MUSIK DDH-1.
The AMI MUSIK DDH-1 is a Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC), standalone Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) & Preamp, Digital-to-Digital Converter (DDC), standalone Digital-to-Digital Converter (DDC) with analog input and Headphone Amplifier, providing audio enhancement for your personal computer (Windows, Mac, netbooks) and even your portable devices with analog out. The AMI MUSIK DDH-1 supports 24 bit/192 kHz audio (24/192) in asynchronous mode—lossless audio of the same quality as HD audio master recordings. Compatible with Window, Mac computers and even with your iPad (with your Camera Kit), the AMI MUSIK DDH-1 is the perfect Audio Music Interface for any audiophile who thirsts for pristine audio.
Below is a summary of AMI MUSIK DDH-1 specification and features.
- Asynchronous USB operation: bit-perfect digital audio and low clock jitter.
- High precision TCXO for asynchronous mode guaranteed < 2.5ps timing (period) jitter to achieve the highest clear sound. 44.1 kHz (and multiples, 22.5792MHz ±1.0ppm TCXO) and 48 kHz (and multiples, 24.576MHz ±1.0ppm TCXO).
- USB audio class 2 (up to 24-bit/192kHz) and high-speed asynchronous mode: Microsoft Windows® XP, Windows® Vista and Windows® 7 (32-bit/64-bit) with special driver compatible with WDM/Direct X, ASIO 2.1 and WASAPI exclusive. Apple OSX version 10.6.4 and above (no driver install required).
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz full speed mode compatible. If enabled for UAC2 when connected to an FS hub, it will fall back to UAC1, full speed mode.
- External 12V 2A high current DC power supply unit for high quality audio performance.
- Device supply voltage is generated by high precision DC/DC converter and set to +/- 10 V. Very low ESR conductive polymer capacitors enables efficient noise reduction.
- All high performance audio parts (Panasonic ECH metallized Polyphenylene film capacitors, Nichicon audio grade capacitors, conductive polymer aluminum solid electrolytic capacitors) to be enclosed in a compact size
- Full aluminum finished exterior design case.
- Audio muting transistor for anti-pop control.
- ESD protection varistor, USB Surge protection circuit enabled.
- Standard dual RCA stereo line output jack with fixed gain and variable gain controlled by FIX/VAR select switch.
- High−performance dual unit precision potentiometer for line output (at variable mode) and headphone output volume control.
- Quad-level LED indication for sample rate status: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz and 192kHz.
- Dual line output mode support pure DAC mode (fixed gain) and preamp mode (variable gain, potentiometer volume control).
- 6.35mm (1/4″) stereo phone jack for professional headphone output.
- 3.5mm (1/8“) stereo phone jack for various headphone/earphone output.
- Supports wide range impedance headphones up to from 16Ω to 600Ω.
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz S/PDIF input (TOSLINK optical & coaxial).
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz optical S/PDIF output from USB input, optical input, coaxial input and 24-bit/96kHz optical S/PDIF output from analog line input path.
For more information on its availability worldwide, please visit www.amimuse.com.
About AMI International, Inc.
The Audio Music Interface Company. AMI International, Inc. was founded with the goal of meeting the demand for Hi-Fi external audio devices, which we believe is the future of audio. We see significant market growth beyond the current Desktop PC space, and it is for that market that we will introduce technologies to improve audio quality. The AMI MUSIK DDH-1 product line is the first AMI product to target the growing base of PC and Mac Laptop users—formerly the desktop PC Hi-Fi market. To accomplish our goal of improving audio quality beyond the Desktop PC space, AMI has assembled a team that brings decades of technology leadership and a proven track record of success.